Wednesday, March 13, 2013

feathers and skunks and moons, oh my.

Sharing a new layout here today.  I started this one last week and had to wait a few more days for fresh printer ink to finish it.

There was a controversy you see.

This page started with an idea.  To use the moon and back stamp on a cream tag, stamped in neon pink ink.  I love that stamp and wanted to do something a bit different than all the dreamy yellows and blues I've been seeing.
I decided to pair it with the painted and glittered feathers I made a few days ago.  Pink feathers, painted gold (Martha Stewart craft paint) and dipped in glitter. I am selling a set of these feathers in my Etsy shop if any one is interested. 

Then I got out some grey cardstock from this month's kit, some older wood veneer stars and my fave Heidi Swapp gold color mist to splatter on the page.

 I slipped a bit of patterned paper on the bottom, adhered my feathers and few more wood veneers.  I thought about adding more layers, but I think there is enough going on with the combination of neon and feathers and glitter.

This is my finished product.  I re-printed the photo because it was way too dark before.  Still pretty dark now actually.  Can you tell we are hanging out around a wood fire pit roasting smores? Just the fire? Ok.


I decided to take a picture of my layout right before naps, I guess I was used to the light fading much earlier.   They both were so fixated on what I was doing. I couldn't keep them away if I tried.

Hey, I only have one cupcake sticker on my sleeve, what gives?

 Nandini even brought a crayon with her to make some more last minute corrections. Oh, and Avi had one too but at least he thought to bring a grey one. 

Ryan had some design ideas too. He really wanted me to switch the picture, so I revised it a bit. I subbed in this daytime picture of our 'skunk place' adventure.  Not my favorite, but it is a better photograph.

So far, neither picture is glued down too well.  What do you think I should do?

linked up at Craftionary.

ps. Did you hear that google reader is soon to be no more? You can still follow me on blog lovin' if you like. 

13 comments:

  1. I like the second photo better :)

    And little helpers are always the best kind of helpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find a way to comment and I fear this is not quite right. While I like the second photo better from a photo perspective I prefer the first one on the layout... does that make sense? I love that your children are so interested. Miss Three is already at the eye rolling stage!

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I am dreading eye rolling. Hopefully my boy will skip over that but I don't think we will be so lucky with Nandini.

      Thanks for the input ladies!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving those dipped feathers and the colors you chose are simply gorgeous! 2nd photo. Or, if you use second photo, could you edit it so that what is happening is easier to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's a good idea. I'll have to do some digging on photo shop. I have the same shot with the flash on, but can't bring myself to use it..

      Delete
  3. Your feathers are so cool. Too funny how the kids are so intent. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first photo best as it goes so well with your awesome firey feathers, and it's something a bit different. Use the second photo on another layout or in an album or frame! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too actually like the first picture better! It somehow works having a dark photo against a bright page! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The creativity of your added details is wonderful. I kind of like the first picture because it tells the story...and it was dark in the story! And your picture of your kids while you were photographing your layout is precious...so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love th feathers so cool. I like the first picture on the layout better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the neon and the feather I think it needs a brighter photo to go with it, I prefer the first photo on the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layout and colors, gorgeous. I like the idea of the family photo, but there is something about the campfire picture that really makes the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!! Love those feathers and I don't mind the dark photo, but that second pict really is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...