Monday, December 22, 2014

Oh What Fun! | December Daily Day 19

This is my Day 19 for December. This was a very big important first for our family, so I had to write about that.  Avinash finally lost his first tooth!

He was so excited and happy when it happened.  The second best part was seeing how happy it made his little sister.  She gave him the biggest hug just because she was so happy for him.  She kept telling me, "Today is [Avi's] day!"  Believe me, that is a rare utterance from her.


I added this little tree to the tag on my divided page. I was going to use it for journaling, but I decided to add a library pocket in the middle as well. 

 I backed the library pocket with patterned paper and a printed transparency and let the pocket face inwards towards the photo.


I put a little photo inside the pocket as well.  I used this Kelly Purkey star sticky note outside the pocket just for fun.  I will put whatever notes he gets from the tooth fairy in here as well.


 After I trimmed the transparency I put the rest into a pocket on the main page.  I think it gives a nice continuity to the spread and ties in the disparate elements together.

I poked five holes in a journaling card and stitched a quick star with red twine.  I love when things turn out the way they look in my head.

This spread was so random but still so much fun to put together.  Here is a look at it all together.

So much excitment and love here.


I journaled on the other half of the patterned paper from day 18.  I stapled a big gold A down on one side (for Avinash, of course). 

You can view all of my December Daily Pages here





Thanks for visiting! In my etsy shop, in addition to my washi tape samplers I added a holiday set as well.  This set is cool because it comes with red and gold glitter twine and glitter ribbon.  Check out the Christmas washi tape sampler here.  I really had fun with the colors here, lots of red, green, silver and gold with pops of teal, chalkboard and lime. Every order from now until the end of December also comes with a free gift. Use code WASHI for 10% off any order or code RAINBOWS for free domestic shipping.

1 comment:

  1. I've been watching you put your book together all month, and I love what you've done! You are so creative. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...