Friday, December 8, 2017

December Daily | Day 6 Trimming the Tree

The kids finally put the ornaments on the tree today. They have been dying to do this since before Thanksgiving. 

From a one page spread yesterday, I am back to a double page photo with a flip out and an insert. Then I added this tree branch card which is super bulky. 
My album is never gonna close.  It’s only day six. 


The tree card was already a flip up, it’s an old anthro gift tag. Yes, I collect and save multiples of their packaging. Inside I wrote a little more about my feelings and tried to express my gratitude. 



This insert is just a page protector cut in half. I put more pictures on the back. 




I printed out an 8x11 photo of Nandini inside. 


I used an older large cork number on the photo, which flips open to hold my journaling. 


I used plain paper on the inside and decided I needed something to make it special, so I dug around and found some silk screens.  I repeat screened the pattern of stars for an ombre effect. 

This is why I love scrapbooking every day with this project.  If I hadn't been wanting to try something different I doubt I would have reached for my silk screens again for a long time. 


I used my old typewriter for the journaling.  A more factual account of the evening.  I added another photo, probably way too many word strip stickers and a stamped embellishment.  

The gold foil circle is repeated over the one on the cork number. 

The full spread.  I love the 'surprise' of opening up a photo. 

Again, if you have any questions please let me know.  

Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are magical and full of blessings!!!
XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...